Sunday, October 3, 2010

Where does your memory go?



It's just because you are busy.
It's just because you are a mom with young kids.
It's just because....
It's just because......
It's JUST BECAUSE....

SO!  Here I am reaching 20 30 and can not for the life of me remember half the stuff I SHOULD remember!  Like right at this second, I can't remember what my point of this was going to be.  I am certain there was a point and I am certain it was going to be a good one because well, I just don't blog about just anything!

I mean really, where does your memory go?  You are going through life all fine and hunky dory then all of the sudden WHAM!  You can't remember your own name half the time!

You want my phone number?  Yeah, well you can just expect to sit there and wait a few minutes for my brain to pull that one out of file.

Just the other day I was filling out paper work and was asked for my social security number.  I for the life of me could not remember what it was!  I have had that number memorized for the past 20 years, at least.  Really?  Really?  I can't even remember MY OWN social security number?  Are you kidding me? 

Well thank God for moms!  She came to my rescue and saved me on that one!

Trying to have a conversation with me is pretty comical, to say the least.  We will start talking and then all of the sudden I can't remember what in the world I was going to say or what we were talking about.  There are the awkward pauses and the awkward laughs because neither of us can read my mind!

*SIGH*

If someone finds my memory could you kindly ask it to return to me?  I would greatly appreciate it!  So would my husband.  And my mom.  And my children.
Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite T-shirts says: "I like to let my mind wander, but it doesn't come back." Hang in there, girlie....it only gets "better"!

Sabrina Lemons said...

It's like you took the thoughts out of my mind! Maybe that's what happened...someone took your thoughts!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Hi! I agree with you totally... I always forget where I'm going and have to turn around.

AND you won the WD-40 prize pack on my blog! So send me your address. natalie at thebobbypin.com