Thursday, August 20, 2009

Miss Mal had her 4 month check up and Miss Mads has a rash!

Miss Mal and I went to her check up on Monday. She is doing just great! She is 15 pounds 8 ounces (9o%) and is 24 inches tall (50%). She is getting SO big! The ped was amazed at how well she pulls her self up into a sitting position. Dr Jarrett also agreed that she IS cutting teeth! Awww!! It just doesn't seem possible that we are at that point already, it seems just like yesterday we were bringing her home. She is rolling over front to back and back to front, she is SO strong. She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen, her sister was pretty happy also, must be their parents. ;) lol We were given the ok to start solids. I was REALLY wanting to wait until she was about 6 months but I just couldn't! lol So I gave her some rice cereal. She LOVES it! She gobbles it down just as fast as I can feed it to her. So cute!

Madison was sent home from school Tuesday with a rash. No fever, just a rash. I called Dr. Jarrett and was told what to watch for and to bring her in Wed morn if the rash was not gone. Well, it was not gone, it was worse. We gave her Benadryl and gave her a bath as soon as she got home from school Tuesday and that did nothing. Come to find out it is some sort of allergic reaction! We really aren't sure what from though. The only thing I can think of is I got her a new shirt and she HAD to wear before I had the chance to get it washed. So I guess something was on the shirt from the factory that irritated her. She has worn brand new clothes before and nothing has happened but it just takes once I guess. Will wash all new clothes from now on before she even touches them! lol So my baby has already missed a day of school and it JUST started! lol Grrr! So I am hoping by this weekend she will be all better. Oh, she is 36 pounds and 3ft 5 3/4 inches. She has gained 2 pounds and has grown almost an inch since her visit in July.

No comments: