Friday, April 17, 2009

Mallory has arrived!!!

I woke up Thursday morning around 5:00 am with TERRIBLE back pain. :( I thought for half a second that if this pain is waking me up it must be something other than false labor. But then I snapped out of it and thought that idea was just wishful thinking. I woke John up to have him rub my back and that did help for a bit, then the period type cramps started. I couldn't take it anymore and remembering from what my aunt had me do with Madison, downed a big glass of ice water and then took a shower. That did help a lot but the pains were still there. A little before 7:00am I decided to just time the contractions to see what we were facing. They were 3 minutes apart! Oh my goodness!! I still was not convinced that this was IT though. I waited around and called my OB at 9:00am to see what they thought we should do. Kristen called me back around 9:30, by this time the contractions were 2.5-3 minutes apart, and we all decided it would be best for us to just go in to at the very least get checked out to see what was going on. I called John, who was at work, and told him to come home so we could head to the hospital. We arrived around noon, my water broke around 1:15pm and Little Miss Mallory arrived at 4:28!! lol The labor and delivery was such a breeze compared to what we dealt with when Miss M made her entrance. According to my doctor I was 36 weeks 4 days when Mallory was born, so she was a bit early. The pediatrician just came in our room and said she looks pretty full term to her. She weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces and is 20.5 inches long! BIG baby for being so early! lol Glad I did NOT make it to 40 weeks, she would have been HUGE! lol She is eating great and took to it like a pro! She has the chunkiest checks and the shortest, chunkiest legs I have ever seen! lol Thank you all so much for all of the support and encouragement, this will now become our family blog. I love you all!
Brandi








3 comments:

Kylee said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats to you guys! Her cheeks are just precious!

kim said...

awww welcome little mallory grace!

Kris said...

Congrats!