Monday, April 6, 2009

We are down to the wire!!!

I am now 35.5 weeks pregnant! My last appointment was this past Friday. It went well, as usual, I have gained 3 pounds in the last month (actually I have not gained any, it is all the baby, I will get to that in a min.), blood pressure was good and everything else is just fine. NOW! The baby! I am laying there getting my ultrasound, like I do every time, and Dr Summers is talking to Madison, like she does every time, asking her if she is ready to be a big sister. THEN, she kinda looks at the screen and looks a little shocked. OH CRAP I am thinking. Then she asked Madison if she was ready to be a REALLY BIG big sister! OMG! WHAT! Mallory, according to the ultrasound measurement (which I called my aunt about freaking out and she then told me they are pretty accurate) shows her currently weighing 6 pounds 4 ounces! WHAT?!?!?! OMG! I am only 35 weeks and she ALREADY weighs 6.4?!?!? Madison weighed that when we brought her home from the hospital and I had her at 38 weeks!!! OMG OMG OHHHH MYYYYY GGGOOOOSSSSHHHH!!!! So THEN someone says to me, aren't they supposed to gain like a pound a week these last few weeks? WHAT?!?! PLEASE tell me that you are kidding me?!?! But I went back and looked at the previous measurements and sure enough, it has been about a pound a week these last few weeks! OMG! SO let's see, I have 4.5 weeks to go so we are looking at almost 11 pounds?!?!? NO WAY can that be right! NO WAY! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Anyway, I start my weekly appointments now and the next one is my group b check, fun. lol But other than the GIANT baby, everything looks great! lol

1 comment:

kim said...

LOL brandi i bet she will be about 8 pounds something. my measurements were always wrong with the 5 of them.