Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A letter to a dear friend

Today you are going into surgery. It scares me to death! I know you will be ok but the worry never really ends. Do you remember the last time we saw each other, it was just a few weeks ago? It was SO hard to see you! I don’t know why, maybe because it made it real. Until then we had only talked on the phone since we got the BIG news and actually seeing you just made it all real. I wanted to cry so bad, I wanted to give you a hug and never let go. But I knew I could not do either. I need to be strong for you and I am trying my best. You have always been strong for me when I needed you to. You have been such a wonderful influence on my life. I thank God every day that he has allowed you to help mold me into the person I am today and will be tomorrow. You are my angel on Earth. I am so sorry you have to go through this. You do not deserve it at all, but you know that and I know it doesn’t make it any easier for me to say it. I don’t know what to say a lot when we talk now. I don’t want to ask you about what is going on or what you are going through because you have 5 million other people asking so I just try to stay off the subject as much as possible. I don’t think I have ever thanked you for all the things you have done for me. You will truly never know how grateful I am, there are just not enough words to express it. I am so thankful for who you are. I am so thankful my girls will grow up having you in their lives. You are such a beautiful person both inside and out, you are caring, loving, brave and so so strong. You are a wonderful daughter, sister, aunt, mom and friend. Everyone that has been blessed to have you in their lives would agree with that. I wish I could take your pain away, I wish you did not have to go through all of this. I wish I could just make it all go away. But, we will get through this. Together. Like we have gotten through so many other things. I will stand strong beside you and we WILL fight this and we WILL get through this! We will persevere, we will fight with all of our might, and we will prevail! I love you. I know I do not say it near as much as I should and I don’t know why but it is hard for me to say to you. Isn’t that silly? It should be so natural. But, I do love you. God will be holding you in his arms this morning and he will guide the surgeon’s hands and he will wrap us all in his loving embrace as we face this long hard battle. He will get us through.

No comments: