Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Favorite Holiday


The Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holiday's.  Ever.  It all started when I was younger.  My hometown of Kiefer, Oklahoma would put on a fireworks show.  I remember helping with things when I was younger like filling drinks at the concession and such.  If you have never been to the Kiefer 3rd of July celebration you really should plan to go one year.

The show really is one of the best shows I have EVER seen.  No, I am not just saying that because I am from there.  It really IS one of the best.  There is just this awesome small town atmosphere.  The entire evening you just sit there, enjoy the food, friends, and music.  They have flyovers of old war planes, the Tulsa Starlight Band performs and then, it gets dark.  The lights go out and it gets as still and quite as nothing you have ever seen.  Then....it starts.  You are SO close that your heart beats with every BOOM.  You will be in amazement that such a small quaint little town can put on such an awesome show.  The population of Kiefer hovers around 1100, every July 3rd we open our arms graciously and welcome nearly 20,000 people!

If you are free THIS Saturday, July 3rd, come on down!  You can find me near the gazebo with all of my family.  Bring the kids, chairs and bug spray.  Please do leave your cooler at home though.  Let me know if you would like me to save you a spot.  See you on the 3rd!

If you will be joining us from the Tulsa area just hop on Hwy 75 South, go through Glenpool.  You will see a sing for Bixby/Kiefer.  Exit there and turn right.  If you get there early you can park in town, otherwise save yourself some trouble and park at the new High School.  They will then come pick you up and shuttle you to the park.

No comments: