Friday, May 21, 2010

My Harps DCE trip

So on Wednesday, May 19th I departed my house and made my way to Tulsa in the middle of a rather large, rather scary thunderstorm.  So did my friends Brandi and Charla. 
 We met at the Tulsa Harps to take part in their Double Coupon Event.  This was only my second time to the store and it was the first visit for the other girls.  We shopped till we almost dropped.  Literally!  We were there for THREE HOURS!  Yes, you saw that right, 3 hours!  In a grocery store!  And you know what?  It was not stressful, it did not cause a panic attack, it did not want to make me run out screaming and crying.  Oh no, much to opposite.  I actually could have stayed in there shopping for 2 more hours!

There were so many deals to be had!  Free BBQ sauce, Free water, Free potatoes, Free toothpaste, free hot dogs, milk for $1.87 a gallon!  Those are just a few of the deals we found.  Just take a look at the pics below to see how we did!

We paid about $200 for all of that, combined not per cart!

Not pictured: 5 more 6packs of water and $25 worth of meat.

We had a really good time.  I will be going back before the event ends on Tuesday 5/25.  The Money Saving Queen will have boxes near customer service that you can donate items to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma.  We at MSQ LOVE our deals but we also LOVE to bless others, join us in donating nonperishable items to the families of NE Oklahoma.


Check out how everyone else is doing at the Harps DCE on the MSQ forums!  While you are there, sign up for our June Coupon Swap!  Those are ALWAYS a blast!  Sign up fast, spots are gone in 3 days usually.


See you at Harps and hopefully the MSQ Swap!

No comments: